Hot and Bothered (IC)

Terrifica

The supergenius detective, scientist, Freedom League reservist, and general all around superhero was, to be honest, not expecting this today. No, not being called for a consult on something. She was highly knowledgeable and extremely competent. It came with the territory. No, her problem was that Predator here was being both respectful and hadn't made a particularly bad job of this incident. It was quite well done, actually. So she was kind of thrown off stride for a few moments there. A small eternity with how fast her mind worked. The usual routine was not applicable.

She took one breath and let it out while perusing the information being sent about as fast as it was coming in. Ah, but she so appreciated competent professionalism. "Fascinating. I'm not quite sure why you've been directed to me, however. You seem to have matters well in hand." For Terrifica, this qualified as high praise. "AEGIS can handle the facility, though they may call me later. Dr. North there needs a medical checkup, which they can also handle, and then WEST can no doubt take good care of him. I'm familiar with Synth, but AEGIS also has files on her. I will certainly help track down that scientist." By which she meant she was already working on a shortlist of candidates for who she could be. Mercenary minded world class bioscience experts were decidedly not a dime a dozen. Though AEGIS again would handle some of the heavy lifting there. "I'm confused. What, specifically, do you need from me? Synth's biology isn't the simplest thing in the world, but unless she's in distress basic care should suffice. Unless there's something you haven't yet mentioned, of course."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

Doctor North staggered over to the comms. 

"Terrifica, this is North. Never mind me. Never mind Synth... that scientist has managed to create weapons. A modified, primitive clone of Synth, loaded up with a concoction of zoom and max

He paused for breath, his flesh still cold, his mind fighting the hypothermia. 

"An army of infiltrators, set to copy anyone. They get into place, the drug capsule bursts, and they go on a killing frenzy. Combined with superior strength and reflexes, they are an almost perfect assassination tool. Can you imagine if OVERTHROW, or any other two-bit terrorist group gets a hold of one..."

He shook his head at the thought. 

"The only consolation is that the clones can't handle the stress of the drugs. They expire, explode, in less than a minute. Quite clever of our scientist really. She makes sure there is always a demand..."

Terrifica

Terrifica's eyes narrowed. "She'd finished her work and was already selling them." This was not a question. "That is a problem. A deathly serious one. Predator. Do everything you can to lock that facility down as tightly as possible. Work with Doctor North as needed. Your scientist may be returning swiftly with allies inclined to violence. I need to make a few calls and annihilate the speed limit on the way to Freedom to use the teleporter. I'll be there as soon as I can with whoever I can manage to bring." Terrifica really didn't like using that infernal contraption, but this was an emergency.