ARCHER II

"What the hell is going on!?" Connor shouts from his seat in the small plane, as he holds on for his dear life. He naturally didn't expect this to be easy in any way, but he would have liked to get his feet on the ground before putting his life in danger. 

And then he sees the downed plane. Cursing to himself, Connor pulls the hood of his jacket up over his masked face and grabs bow and arrow, then leaps from the plane as soon as he is able to, hurrying towards the military plane, to see what he can do to help.

GM

The Casualties, fortunately, were minimal. A soldier got sucked out of the plane before it landed. Pilot and other soldier injured but alive, recieving treatment by the paramedics in the ambulance.

More problematic was the mess, the fire around a military plane loaded with military fuel. 

"Hold it, hold it..." said a fire chief, putting out a hand in front of Archer. "Not till everythings out and its clear. Don't worry, we got this..."

The chief was tall, maybe fifty, greying stubble and face that looked like it had been burned once, with subtle signs of plastic surgery and skin graft. Yet the eyes were glinting intelligence, shining determination. This guy knew what he was doing. 

"Damned if I know what happened. But the air force are on their way, both Canadian and American. I know we are allies, but shoot, this thing is looking pretty political if you know what I mean. Flight was passed by Canadian intelligence, not an issue, but it goes down? Suspicions start to swirl. Terrorism? Something else? Suddenly the spooks are interested..."

He sighed. 

"So I have to put out a fire, and not damage any evidence. Great. No doubt I'll get my marching orders for screwing things up somehow. And I like my job..."

ARCHER II

Clad in a red and white costume, with a mask and everything? Connor figures he will stand out here, but from what he can hear the chief talking about, he will at least have some time.

"What kind of evidence?" 

He's is already looking for the right arrows. He got a few that can be used to put out the fires, but pick the wrong one, and it might ruin the chief's evidence.

Could it be related to the drug? He doubted it. Would be too big of a coincidence.

GM

"Spook stuff, I dunno..." shrugged the Fire chief. "Black Box? Explosives? I get paid to put out fires, not work out how blew up a US military plane flying over the frozen wastes of Canada and into Alaska. Nobody even knows which side of the border it blew up in. So, yeah... politics... am I right?"

The Fire chief scratched the grey stubble of his chin. Patchy, notice Archer. Burned skin and grafts, maybe. 

"We dont really know what happened. Not really my area of expertise. But if you know your aircraft and your spycraft, go ahead an look. Ill turn the other way. Because I would like to know, too. Ill sleep better. But fair warning - fires are not out yet, and a whole lot of military grade fuel still on board."

He gave a smile. 

"Still, think positive. At least the plane wasnt armed. No missiles or bullets ready to explode!"

The snow started to fall a little heavier. 

ARCHER II

"Not that we know of, anyway," Connor responds to the fire chief. Could the plane have anything to do with his own investigation? Maybe. Too big a coincidence, but he can't really afford to pass it up.

Still, he's grumbling as he approaches the plane, getting out his bow and a fire suppressant arrow. He's not a damn detective. That's the Ravens, so why does he keep ending up having to look into things like this?

Moving in, he does what he can to put out fires without damaging any equipment. He knows a bit about planes, at least. Maybe that can help him find anything worth looking for.

GM

With a few Twangs of his bow, Archer put out the smoking fires. It was not so bad, really - the fire brigade had done the heavy lifting. But the inside of the plane was a mess; most of its interior was scattered, bent, broken. The hull had buckled. 

There was no sign of any ammunition - other than some small arms in a locker. A hole had been blown out of the side of the plane, although it wasn't quite clear what from. 

Looking more closely, with his trained and astute eye... well, one couldn't be sure, but it looked like there had been a scuffle inside the plane. A big one. Signs of feet sweeping across the surface for leverage, signs of bodies crashing into steel, and swung fists denting the chasis. 

One couldn't be sure, but... yes, it looked like there had been a fight on the plane. 

ARCHER II

A fight, and a hole blown in the plane from the inside out? Could it be another of the drug mules? 

Connor shakes his head. He isn't the investigative type. Why does he keep ending up in these situations?

Stepping outside, he approaches the fire chief again.

"Seems like there was a fight in there, huh? Any idea where the people in the plane are?" 

GM

"A fight? Are you kidding me?" 

The chief gritted his teeth and sucked his cheeks. "Sweet Jesus son of Mary. I mean, I guessed it was gonna be some kind of turd soup, but a fight? Everyone's going to be all over this. Media too?"

He cast his eyes over the snowy planes. 

"What a day to be a Fire Chief. Look, son, you look like the kinda guy who will do the right thing, even if pen pushers tell you to do the wrong thing. So what I am telling you is..."

His eyes shifted left and right, scanning for onlookers. Their appeared to be none. 

"There werent any tracks when we arrived. And if there were tracks, they have been covered by the snow now. And if there were tracks, which there weren't, they would have been headed to the direction of the WEST science station, which isnt just east of here..."

He scratched his jawline. "WEST. World exotic science taskforce. They try to clean up hazardous science before the hazardous science cleans up all of us. They tend to like remote places. I can guess why... They have a small outstation in Alaska. But its not on any map."