April 2024, Freedom City University

On a bright, sunny day in Freedom City, in the North End, three Claremont students were currently in the vicinity of FCU, or on the campus proper, on two distinct errands

Bernadette O’Connell, alias Multi-Girl, aka the frontwoman for the band Multiplicity, was here to participate in an interview with FCU's school newspaper and morning show DJ. Thomas Windstrum worked in both groups and thus had brought Bernadette in to discuss her plans for Multiplicity, upcoming tour dates, and general other information; Thomas was a genuine fan of music and that included Multiplicity, so the interview was going to be a great spot to get traction amongst the college age students that Bernadette was only a little younger than, which meant they were perfect targets for her music.

Meanwhile, Michael Adon had brought Ryan Jacobs to Liberty Park to meet someone who had a better job opportunity for Ryan; specifically, Michael's dad, Terrance Thomas Adon.

Bernadette

Bernadette was currently in the on campus radio station that bordered the quad at FCU. From the station she could look out onto a quad filled with trees and students milling about. Even the radio equipment at FCU for it's college station was state of the art and kept in outstanding repair. Thomas was a dusty haired college junior with a bit of a paunch and a classic Green Day T-shirt, but his passion for music was very clear from just a little bit of conversation with Bernadette. As the station returned from music, he activated their mics and began talking.

"So again, this is Thomas, and I'm here with Bernadette O'Connell, front-woman of Multiplicity, who just had an electrifying set at Midnight Hour last month. She has a full set of performances coming up, but I want to talk history first; start at the beginning and all that. Bernadette, how'd you get into music in the first place?" he asked, grinning all the way.

Michael and Ryan

Meanwhile, Michael had lead Ryan to Liberty Park, close to FCU itself, but still in the park. Sitting at a bench that was close to the shadow of FCU's giant stadium, Terrance Thomas Adon was eating a hamburger and filling out payroll. He did look a lot like Michael, if Michael gave up his rigorous studies and exercises and went a bit soft; Terrance was fairly tall, his brown hair thinning at the top and salt and peppered. He was a bit slack around the waist, representing a physical worker who had moved into an office job, and dressed in a Decosta Construction button-up shirt. When Michael brought Ryan over, Ryan could see Michael's strong jaw and sharp eyes in Terrance's face, even if the rest of Michael's face wasn't much like his dad's. He spoke with a heavy Boston accent. He greeted his own son with a smile before turning his attention on Ryan. Now it was like there were two Michaels staring intently at Ryan at once.

"Ah, your Ryan, eh? Mike said you're pretty strong and open to getting a new job?"

Multi-Girl

Bernadette had a wide (and genuine) smile on her face as she sat in the recording booth of the campus radio station across from Thomas. As the band’s popularity had started to grow and expand overseas, these types of requests for interviews had started to come in, and were only likely going to increase in frequency if things continued as they were. As the frontwoman for the band, it had naturally fallen on Bernadette to start handling most of the requested interviews.

The redheaded teen was dressed in a pair of dark grey Converse tennis shoes, black jeans, with a grey T-shirt with Multiplicity's logo on the front, over which she wore a black leather jacket. Her smile was still very much in place as she responded to Thomas’ first question. "I am absolutely thrilled ta be here Thomas." She began. "Music was just somethin' I was drawn ta at a young age. I have two older brothers, so it was very common fer me ta hear whatever bands they were followin.'  My mum said that even at a very young age, I would go around singin' the lyrics ta whatever songs I heard while helpin' her with chores."

"So, when they could, my parents scrapped together some money ta get me some lessons an' got me signed up with choir or other music programs in school when available."

"Fast food sucks, sir. That's all I'm gonna say. I mean, I'm about six two, I can bench about 230, and I'm good with taking orders. I don't have any practical skills, but I can lift and I'm willing to learn."

Ryan managed to procure a decent looking button up shirt and slacks with a tie, so he looked like he was ready for an interview, even if he did still have dye in his hair. He knew it would be physically exhausting, but he was used to hard work and heavy lifting. And besides, the sword made him a whole lot tougher and gave him a lot more endurance.

(GM Post)

Bernadette

"Oh, wow, two older brothers, huh? It must have been a little rough growing up. Still, it sounds like you had a boisterous household in your own right, do you think that comes in through your music in any way? Or maybe any issues with those brohters as you were growing up?" Thomas asked, leaning back in his chair and pulling the mic with him as he talked. He didn't seem like he didn't care, he was just relaxed about the whole thing- maybe a little unprofessional, but he wasn't a professional adult yet himself, so sometimes that happend- "So you started music lessons early, so I guess it's been a dream of yours for a long time like you said. What was it like when you started out with music? Were you a natural talent or did you work at it? I mean obviously anyone has to work pretty hard to get good at something, but how easy did it come for you? And what about instruments, how many can you play?" 

Ryan and Michael

"Two thirty? That's pretty good. You know that's about what Mike was managing before he had to change schools due to the...accident. That's about as good as someone your age can get to without putting in some seriously questionable effort, so you're doing good in my book. But a lot of times construction isn't just about lifting heavy things; we have wheelbarrows and trucks and cranes for a lot of that. It can be surprisingly delicate, you know?" he gestured to the wooden table he was sitting at and the screws in it. "For example, look at this screw. I can look at these screws and be impressed not just at the precision of where they are, but the smoothness of the bore. They aren't cracking the wood, they aren't bulging out, they won't snag a jacket put on the table, or make an uneven surface for eating. Construction work is exactly like that. Strength is good, but what I am gonna want is someone who is just as good at listening to instructions and has a good, delicate touch. Now admittedly you won't be doing any unsupervised work right off the bat or anything, but I just want you to think about how even maunal labor like construction is actually more in depth then just riveting some steel beams in place, you get what I mean?"

Multi-Girl

Bernadette chuckled slightly at Thomas' comment about things being a little rough growing up with two older brothers. "It could get a wee bit rough at times, but I think it helped encourage an assertive streak an' ta stand up fer myself." The redhead replied with a grin. "I think that environment comes through in tha fisty, upbeat spirt in a lot o' our music, particularly the original songs we are workin' on."

The Irish teen paused a moment as she reached down to take something out of her backpack that was on the ground beside her chair. "By the way, I have somethin' from the band we wanted you ta have." She said as she held out a thick magazine to Thomas. The cover was in Japanese, and featured a picture of Bernadette and the rest of the band on it. "Last month after our show at the Midnight Hour, we went ta Tokyo fer a show. While there we were interviewed by a Japanese teen magazine an' had a photo shoot. So, this is a copy o' our first magazine cover, which just came out in Japan." She said with a wide smile.

If Bernadette was bothered by Thomas seeming a bit unprofessional, she showed no sign of it as the redhead turned back to his other questions about her start in music. "Well, I would say I certainly had a natural talent, but even then it has been somethin' I have continued ta work at. I have been very fortunate in the opportunities my parents have worked very hard ta provide, an' gettin' a scholarship ta transfer down here ta a private school." When he asked her about musical instruments, she chuckled slightly. "Does snapin' my fingers count? Really, I have never tried ta learn an instrument. I have always naturally gravitated toward bein’ part o' a team, focusin' on my strengths an' relyin' on others ta cover other areas that are their strengths. So, bein' part o' a band where Summer, John an’ Mark are key part o' things just feels more natural than ever tryin' ta be a solo performer or do more than focus on singin'."

(Golden Star Post)

While Ryan was getting grilled by his dad, Michael had taken a seat at the table to observe. He was only really here for moral support and for the introduction, so he didn't have much to say- he was confident in Ryan's ability to ace this 'interview', so he wasn't that concerned about it-, instead he just watched as the two talked, resting his chin on one of his hands as he watched. When or if Ryan looked over, he'd give him an encouraging smile and a thumbs up; he was sure Ryan could manage this, so he wasn't concerned. After all, Michael liked his dad and his dad was a good guy, so he'd like Ryan too.

(GM Post)

Bernadette

"Folks. She has handed me the cover of the magazine in question. We'll be getting this on the station website as soon as this interview finishes so we can get it out to you." Thomas said, suitably dramatically. "Plus a link to the interview if we can. The cover is quite something." He said appreciatively as he looked at the cover. When she brought up the hard work and her other bandmates, he nodded along, thinking about how to phrase his next questions.

"It sounds like a great situation to have ended up in; did you get your band together before or after you got to school? I imagine getting together with like-minded people in a scholarship school like you're in would help make the band be more cohesive, so everyone has the same goals in mind." He's intentionally being vague about what school Bernadette is a student at, since he doesn't want to end up revealing something she'd rather not reveal; privacy was very important for stars after all. 

"It's really interesting to hear a frontwoman whose so intune about keeping the group operating and working together on the same page; it's a humble way to view your situation and your relationships to your band mates. What would you say gives you that sort of view point? Just general experience with your family?"

Multi-Girl

"Well, Summer an' I met my first year after startin' down here, but that was her Senior year. While we got ta know each other that year, we didn' really have any plans fer a band then. But we stayed in touch after she graduated, an' made the decision ta try an' start a band just before the start o' this school year." Bernadette replied to the first question.

At Thomas’ other question, the redhead has a sly smile. "Well, I think my family experiences had a bit ta do with it. But I also gravitated ta team sports at an' early age, eventually settlin' on Lacrosse until I came down here fer school. That is very much a sport where you need ta rely on everyone ta do their part. So it just feels natural ta me ta expect the same with the band, where everyone has an important part ta play."

• 1 month later...

(GM Post)

"Of course, that makes a lot of sense. Teamwork is important everywhere. Everyone always complains about group projects but no one wants to be the person who doesn't pull their weight." He said, trying to keep a little bit of a joke going in this interview. "Everyone always thinks of bands as people waiting to go off on solo acts, but those solo acts never do succeed as well as the groups, unless you're really lucky." he chuckled.

There was some feedback in both of their ears. Just a little. Enough that Thomas looked at the machinery.

"Sorry Folks, seems to be a bug in the equipment. Anyway, Bernie, why don't we play one of your songs, right now? We'll give everyone a great taste of your-"

The feedback screeched through the ears and left ringing in both Thomas and Bernie's ears. Thomas grabbed his ears and pulled his own headset off. All that he could hear- all that Bernie could hear-, was the ringing of the feedback for a moment. Thomas opened his mouth to talk.

Nothing came out. He was moving his lips and talking, but no sound was coming out. Bernie didn't FEEL deaf. What was happening?

A Door banged open at the side, but there was no sound. There was no sound as another student ran in, clearly screaming. There was no sound as she yelled something, pointing outside and saying something rapidly. Thomas was making furious gestures himself, confused and concerned.

The student pointed and said something. Then she gave up, pulled out her phone, and texted something. Thomas checked his own phone and read it. His face went quite pale, and he turned, showing the text to Bernie.

"The Maestro is on Campus. He's turned off all the sound in the entire campus. We need to shelter in place."

• 3 weeks later...

Multi-Girl

Bernadette smiled as Thomas commented on her explanation of why she felt a band was the right place for her. "Sure, Thomas that sounds good…" She began to reply at his suggestion of playing one of Multiplicity’s songs as they were both interrupted by the jarring sound of feedback, causing the redhead to pull her headset off as well.

The Irish teen looked about at the sudden seeming absence of sound. She tried rubbing the just beside her ears, trying to possible clear them, but nothing seemed to help.

When the other college student came in, reveling that Maestro was responsible for what was going on, Bernadette felt her adrenalin starting to rush. She had to stop herself from just rushing out the door and heading outside to find the villain. That was not possible with Thomas and the other girl with her. Her mind was racing slightly as she tried to think of ways to slip away from the two without creating suspicion.

Taking out her phone, she typed something on it, holding it up for Thomas to see.

Where? Is there a shelter to go to?

(GM Post)

Thomas opened his mouth and talked, but, of course, nothing comes out. So he had to stop and put his thoughts in order again, typing on his own phone to talk to Bernie. He was still a little frantic; it's not like even people in Freedom City were calm during Supervillain attacks, they just were better prepared for doing what needed to be done to stay out of the way of Superheroes and not get in the way.

There's a safe room in all of the buildings on campus in case of Superhero attack. Here, follow me. We can wait there until a hero comes to rescue us.

He stood up and started to make his way out of the room, the other girl following him as they moved into the hall and then down it; a perfect opportunity for Bernie to lag behind, perhaps. What was interesting was that while there was no sound, the vibrations of whatever the Maestro was doing was causing the ground to shake, like he was slamming the ground with a massive hammer. Given his mastery of sonic abilities, it seemed likely that was what the vibrations were coming from, not that he'd suddenly developed super strength.

Multi-Girl

As Thomas and the other college student exited the room, Bernadette took the opportunity to create a duplicate, who she handed her cellphone to before ducking down out of sight, just in case Thomas or the other girl looked back to see where the redhead was. Keep them safe. The Irish teen mentally communicated to the duplicate, who gave a slight nod before heading out of the room.

With that taken care of, Bernadette quickly started changing into her costume (which Charlie had been trying to drill home having with her all the time). Once changed, the redhead made her way over to a window to take a look out to see what was happening outside.

(GM Post)

As Bernie made her way out, the ground shook again. What was this guy doing!?

It eventually became clear what, exactly, he was doing. In a broad sense, at least.

The Maestro was standing boldly in front of the FCU Orchestra Hall; it wasn't too far from where the radio station holed up, used not just for performances but also for music classes. This was not the aged, withering Maestro of before; this one was new. He looked like a man in his prime, with only a streak of white in his hair, holding a fancy looking baton. His tailored black suit with his blue vest, tie, and pocket square was pressed and cleaned as he coordinated...nothing. He was waving his baton aggressively at the Orchestra Hall, and with each moment of his conduction, the Hall cracked as brick and plaster was thrown from it. He was using...magic? Some sort of sonic power at least, to tear down the building, brick by brick. Was this random revenge, or something more? With the sound completely dampened, it was difficult to know if he'd hear Multi-Girl approaching, but he wasn't alone either.

A group of four younger individuals; probably college aged, were sitting near him, mostly watching him work. They were equally dressed for a performance, though it was a very different performance than the Maestro's. They looked like a punk band, mohawks and piercings and spiked bracelets alongside a selection of instruments that seemed a bit more advanced than usual. They certainly were a pair of guitars, a fancy microphone, and handheld keyboard, but something about them seemed quite a bit more advanced, with digital power lines shining green on them. They were somewhat idly playing along with the Maestro's conducting, but they didn't seem to be the source of the effect that was tearing down the building, or the silence in general; that seemed to be a Maestro specific thing going on.

(Count as Golden Star Post)

As Bernie approached the location where Basil Hawthorne- alias The Maestro- was tearing down the building, she was carefully avoiding notice. His band seemed unconcerned with it either, but eventually their heads turned upwards even though the Maestro continued working on whatever he was doing that was slowly tearing down the Orchestra Hall. Above, a golden and red light flashed across the sky back and forth, over the campus and around a few times, like it was looking for something. When it did finally see the Maestro and his boy band, it started to descend towards it, as mute as everyone else on the campus.

Even from this far away, Michael was clearly upset- the golden aura tinged with heated reds and pale whites- as he descended. It was somewhat strange to see him mad so fast, so he was probably mad for a reason. But whatever he was saying was as muted as the rest of the campus as he pointed at the Maestro and said something to him.

Then sound actually happened, for a moment. Specifically from the man who had paused in tearing down the Orchestra Hall to address the young man speaking to him. That was the first time in several minutes Bernie had heard anything besides ringing in her ears.

The Maestro had a surprisingly mellow voice for a famous supervillain; a relaxing, rich tone. Whatever Michael had said, the Maestro could still hear, even if no one else could. "A hero come to stop me? I assure you, sir, I am doing nothing wrong. I left some equipment here many many years ago, and I am intending to retrieve it. So I'd request you stay a bit away from me and my boys here, if you can." The lead singer of the band said something, but Bernie still couldn't hear them; the only person who could hear, and the only person who could be heard, was the man who was the reason for the silence in the first place. The Maestro paused. "They said you look like you need to go back to grade school." he noted to Michael before returning to his work, not even paying attention to Michael anymore. That was probably going to rile him up further, judging from the fact it seemed like he was currently yelling at Basil and pointing with his finger. Michael could be about to cause more problems then he was solving if he didn't calm down.

Multi-Girl

After seeing it was clear outside the building, Bernadette had leapt down to the ground and stealth fully started to make her way in the direction of the vibrations that seemed to be shaking the entire campus. Spotting Maestro, the redhead crouched in the shadow to watch him and his entourage of punk musicians (why were all the punk musicians Bernadette had met lately so eager to jump into supercrime).

And that was when Michael showed up.

The Irish teen had no idea what Michael was saying, other than his clearly being upset. And then she heard Maestro speak, and him clearly being able to hear others, even if they could not hear each other.

There was a part of her that wanted to just use the distraction Michael had created to attack Maestro and his punk band. But, while he was causing property damage, no one was in imminent physical danger, so that tactic felt a bit…more extreme than needed.

So, she stood up from where she had been crouching and started forward into plain view (hoping she did not come to regret this right away). Although she was unable to hear, she figured Maestro could, so she called out to him.

"I am pretty shoor that destroyin' a buildin' an' other property damage still qualifies as 'somethin' wrong."

"So, how about ya stop tearin' ta place up."

(GM Post)

"Another one..." he mumbled, turning once more. "This is getting quite frustrating. Didn't you heroes used to all show up at once; it's much more organized that way." he spoke like a crotchety old man with that one, shaking his head as he looked between her and the still angry Golden Star, deciding she seemed more reasonable to talk to.

"Well, regardless. I am destroying this place, but it's for valid reasons. I left some equipment of mine here several years ago, and I was denied entry to retrieve it. I am simply repossessing my equipment. If you wish to engage me while understanding that, I'm sure you and the kids can have a lively understanding while I deal with getting my equipment that is being so rudely denied to me." he noted, indicating the band who turned to Multigirl. They said something to her too, but again she couldn't hear. "Now, can I please have some silence while I'm working?" He really seemed uninterested in actually engaging in combat; especially so long as his bodyguards were around, so to speak.

Multi-Girl

Bernadette scowled slightly as Maestro blew her off and returned to trying to destroy the building. Looking at the four punk rockers that had turned to regard her, she gave them a small smirk. Then the redhead ran forward, heading between the punk rockers and Maestro.

Then suddenly, there were over a dozen redheads running spreading out in all directions. Most swarmed round the four punk rockers, launching punches and kicks at them. While the first four attacks missed, four others were right behind the first duplicates, landing punches or kicks that sent all of the punks flying backward to land on the ground and dazed.

Meanwhile, the original and one of the duplicates broke off towards Maestro. While one managed to land a solid hit on the supervillain, it was not nearly as effective as the attacks had been against the punk rockers.

"Just because yer told ta bugger off, dosen' give you the right ta start tearin' the place up." The redhead stated, although she still could not hear herself.

(Golden Star Post)

Michael was utterly deaf; it was why he had come to the university to begin with. He had been listening to his dad give the interview, then he had felt the pressure of something in his stomach and body as sound had been pushed away from him. It was close enough to his father- who had no powers and was an innocent bystander- that he had immediately decided to figure out what was going on. He had no idea where the actual issue was, which had resulted him flying almost randomly around the silent zone until he found the only people not panicking or fleeing the silence.

What he had yelled- still steamed about the sudden attack- was better left unsaid. But what had really surprised him, since he couldn't hear anyway, was when the Maestro was talking to someone else, which had made him look around to try and figure out who the supervillain was talking to.

"Oh, Multi-girl, Hey Multi-Girl!" he had tried to yell. Which did nothing, because everyone was mute and/or deaf. "Can we take this guy down!?" Which, again, meant nothing.

And then she leapt into action and started throwing fists, so he decided that was reason enough for him to give it a go as he charged down and slammed his fist at the band member with the keyboard.

He was, however, also trying to not hit Bernie's clones, so he missed, unaccustomed to heroing alongside the prodigious Multi-Girl and all her clones!

(GM Post)

The Maestro frowned as Bernie left a nasty bruise on him from the punch. Enough that he stopped trying to tear down the building. While the goons all stumbled about and fumbled under Multi-Girl's rain of blows, he faced off against the original and the duplicate with a frown. He seemed so consistently reserved, very different from the usual bombastic, yelling Maestro. The formerly old man raised his wand.

"I asked politely you leave me be, so now I'm going to have to break out the corrective therapy." He stated. He pointed aggressively at Bernie, and the deafness that hung over the entire area was suddenly replaced with the sound of a thousand thunderbolts; like multiple explosions of air and pressure going off around her head all at once, threatening to burst her eardrums completely!

Multi-Girl

Maestro's sonic attack slammed into Bernadette like a sledgehammer, causing her to take half a step backward as she felt the pressure of the attack pounding on her eardrums. But then the feeling passed as she withstood the attack, mostly none the worse for wear.

"Askin' politely does not give one a pass fer commitin' crimes." The redhead stated as she refocused on Maestro. Then she and her duplicates went back into action, again attacking Maestor and the punk rockers that he had brough along to back him up. But Bernadette seemed a bit thrown off by the sonic attack, as Maestro was able to easily step back and avoid her punch.

However, his backup did not fare as well. Just as they were starting to clear their heads and look to get back to their feet, they suddenly found themselves facing with multiple redheads, delivering punches or kicks. In short order, three of the punk rockers had been knocked unconscious, with only one managing to withstand a punch.

(Golden Star Post)

Michael was both impressed and surprised at how fast Bernie was wrapping up this whole situation. Maybe she didn't even need him at all! Well, Bernie was well trained and quite capable of course, and he had always known that, but this was the first time he'd gotten to see her in action, so he could only be impressed at just how competent and capable she was. Maybe he could reach that level at some point, but it wasn't anytime soon, most likely. He had to keep working.

He was a bit distracted by his own thoughts, but he still flew directly at the only member of the band that was still standing, and took a big swing at him, cracking him across the jaw.

"Try that on for size, you weirdo! I don't even know why you're here!" He yelled in frustration, even though at this point he was very much aware no one could hear him and he couldn't even hear himself on the campus.

Posted (edited)

(GM Post)

"You're right, of course, certainly committing crimes is beyond the pall...but it is what it is. My genius is ill-recognized, my accolades not given, I constantly exist on the baseline of fury at my unrecognized talents...it truly infuriates me." An angry twitch on his cheek made it clear he was railing against his invisible demons, the same that had always held him. But he finally focused entirely on Multi-Girl, realizing he wasn't going to be given peace to continue whatever he was looking for or doing to the orchestra hall, he turned to her and extended a hand.

"But anger, rage...everyone knows these; knows how fury reaches aggressiveness in the middle of combat; the heated spectacle of exercise and music of triumph played loud." his voice was melodic, soft, gentle and hypnotic, like a lullaby. "Why don't we play quiet music. Listen to the silence, Heroine. That there is nothing to be concerned about here. If you let me complete my work in peace, then I'll be on my way and no one will have to suffer, I do assure you."

Meanwhile, the man who had the bass Guitar, after being smacked by Michael, responded with his own strike. His fancy, highly polished and clearly technologically advanced instrument made no sound as it struck the hero, but clearly should have as it shined brightly and with clear technological power, sending the golden boy away several feet. It was the first time one of them had gotten to do anything, and it was fairly impressive!

Edited by Poncho

Multi-Girl

Bernadette regarded Maestro as he turned to fully face her and began speaking in a soft, rather melodic voice that seemed to gently wash over everything. The redhead felt a slight reaction to Maestro's words, as if she should not listen to them. But then…she felt much calmer, more relaxed. What was wrong with listening to what the supervillain had to say.

Although she saw Michael get sent flying by some sort of attack from the only member of the punk band still conscious, the Irish teen and her duplicates had relaxed and were no longer in an aggressive stance. Bernadette looked over at Maestro as she responded. "Well, there could be students, faculty an' other staff in the buildin'." She replied calmly. "If I just let ya tear it down, they could get hurt."

"There must be another way than tearin' apart tha buildin' ta get at what ya want? What is it that ya left here?" She then asked.

(Golden Star Post)

Michael went flying, but not too far, as the bassist slammed his guitar into his chin. It was surprisingly powerful, enough that Michael saw stars as he went skittering across the grass. He couldn't hear anything going on with Bernie, he couldn't even hear himself saying anything, but he shook the cobwebs out of his head and surged like a bolt of sunlight, hammering the bassist with an elbow that sent him flying in return! But Michael didn't leave it be, he rushed after him and as the man landed, he hit him hard with a knee strike, hitting the man square on the nose and sending him flying again, until he rolled to a stop against a building, unconscious. He was breathing hard now, putting in a lot of effort he probably didn't need to to take that random guy out, but he only had so much patience. He really wanted to talk again!

Posted (edited)

(GM Post)

"You know, Dear Superheroine, you are correct." The Maestro said, rubbing his chin and finally smiling. "We can do this a better way. The object I want is right inside there; it's a speaker, about so high, so wide." He gestured with his hands. "They've probably got it in a glass case or something; it has some special technology in it that is hard to replicate. If you go get it for me, I think we can all leave happy. I'll turn the sound back on, and you can take credit for driving me away."

If he noticed that Michael had finished dispatching the guys that Bernie had done the Lion's share of taking out, he didn't recognize or comment on it; his focus was entirely on being polite to Bernie, trying to get her to do what he wanted.

Edited by Poncho