Multi-Girl

Bernadette frowned slightly as Maestro suggested she retrieve the object he was looking for and bring it to him. "Well," the redheaded duplicator began, "while that at least stops you from destroyin' the place, I'm not about ta help you take an item you claim ta have ownership over. You will forgive me if I take that claim with some skepticism."

"But unfortunately that doesn' really resolve the situation we find ourselves in." She then continued. "An' I would note, you're currently lackin' your backup band." The Irish teen gestured around the area where all of the punk band was no unconscious. "So, I would say yer odds have significantly worsened."

(GM Post)

"It certainly seems that way for now, but I think numbers don't really tell the whole story." The Maestro said, looking at her and then at the golden boy. "He doesn't really seem up to the level of the conflict you and I are having, to be honest; he's out of his league. So I'm not sure he's worth counting in your comparison here. He looks a bit tired, no?" he tsk'd a little, like a teacher unimpressed at a mediocre student's performance; not at Bernadette, who seemed to have passed, but rather at the struggling Michael. "And besides that, to tell the truth...I'm against collateral damage, all things considered. I can prove that I own it though, if you want." he said, pointing at the instruments scattered on the ground. "Those instruments match the design of the speaker; if the speaker in question doesn't have the same design and patterns, then I will admit it isn't mine. That's a fair compromise, isn't it?"

Michael could definitely hear this, but what his response would be was unknown right now.

• 1 month later...

Multi-Girl

Bernadette did not look away Maestro as he spoke about Michael (not needing to as some of her duplicates could see where Maestro was looking as he made his comments about the other teen. "I'm not so shoor you should underestimate Golden Star. We don' need ta stop you, just keep you busy long enough for some of the Freedom League to arrive." The redhead replied.

When he mentioned how he could prove that the device he was seeking was his property, a couple of the Irish teen's duplicates took a close look at the equipment that band members had been using. "Well, they may all have similar design, but not shoor that proves that the other device you are after is your property." Bernadette began. "Fer all I know, you could have stolen these other instruments. An' even if you did not, you said this other device was left here by you, how do I know it was not developed on behalf o' the university?"

"So, we are still at somethin' o' an' impasse. I can' take what you say at face value an' I'm not goin' ta help you potentially steal anythin', even if it helps prevent some property damage.”

(GM Post)

The Maestro's easy, attractive face sat serenely for a moment as Multi Girl explained to him. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes. When he opened them, his entire face was twisted into a horrific sneer, looking down at Bernadette and her ally like they were insects.

"...Ugh, this is the folly of youth, I swear. You offer them the world on a silver platter and they complain about their peanut allergies. This is why I don't work with the younger generation unless I have to, truly just more than they're ever worth." he turned from Bernadette momentarily, pulling on his goatee with force in a clear show of frustration. "Alright then. Let's get serious here. Orchestra, clap clap." he said, pointing his baton at the jumble of instruments laying on the green. "We've got to get moving here."

The instruments rose up slowly into the air on the sound of thrumming vibrations, floating slowly before they began to shift. The lines of power that mimicked the ones of Maestro's baton slowly attached together, cabling and wires going from one to the other. A humanoid form resolved itself, using the instruments as limbs and combining them into a mimicry of a human torso. It wasn't fully humanoid; it was clearly missing at least one piece, though it still seemed quite dangerous as it presented spinning buzzsaws instead of hands.

"Now then, Orchestra, would you please help me deal with these two before Velocity shows up and arrests us."

Orchestra beeped an acceptance and shifted, raising it's buzzsaws towards the two heroes. It's mechanical tones played even as it bared down on the heroes, playing a rendition of one of Maestro's original pieces, something that could be heard even with the utter silence dominating the area.

• 4 weeks later...

Multi-Girl

Bernadette did not take her eyes off Maestro as he considered her statements. She did not have to look elsewhere, as her duplicates took note of the instruments that had been used by Maestro's henchmen assembling into a humanoid robot.

"Fine, guess we will continue this row." The redhead replied with a slight shrug as Maestro decided to continue with his intended course of action.

Then the Irish teen and her duplicates leapt into action, with the original and a couple of duplicates circling around Maestro before one launched a punch at him. While he was initially able to sidestep that attack, he moved right into the path of a kick from the original that managed to catch him on his side. It was a solid hit, but not a decisive one.

Meanwhile, several duplicates landed some hits on the orchestra, knocking it down and damaging it, but again, not finishing it off..

(Golden Star Post)

Michael was pretty spent- he hated that about himself too, how fast he got tired and winded. Was he constantly giving too much, or was he just that pathetic? He didn't know, but it made him feel bad. He stood back up as Bernie went on the offensive. He only caught half the conversation between Bernie and the Maestro- only the parts the supervillain was speaking-, but Bernie had definitely told him no, given that she and her duplicates had immediately started whaling on him and the robot he'd summoned from the instruments of those band members. He felt like the actual composer was out of his league; that guy had tangled with the Freedom League before, after all, but maybe he could pin down the robot that looked like it was already not operating at full capacity. So he flew directly at it, ducking under it's spinning electrical blades as it got toppled over by the clones, and grabbed a handful of the cables that made up it's 'central' body. The creature wriggled around and swung back and forth, but Michael held it fast, and even though he quickly realized the cables were way too tough for him to rip apart, he could at least keep the creature occupied while Bernie worked.

(GM Post)

"Darn you you young girl! I've given you so many chances and you've taken the hard path in every single one!" Basil's enticingly deep voice was splitting with rage now, and one of his well groomed strands of hair had fallen into his face as his eyes went wider with rage. "If you're going to be so insistent on taking the hard path at all times, I will have to give up on offering the easy one!" he yelled before pointing at her and unleashing a wave of sound that warped the air between them; it shattered nearby windows and bent the grass and trees as he unleashed it, as if it was coming directly from his palm and rushing directly at Bernie. Bruises or not, Basil Fatherton was intent on handling Bernie and all of her duplicates. "I've dealt with Duplicators before, child, and the secret is to always go for the original!"

Meanwhile, the giant Orchestra robot struggled against the glowing mosquito that had hooked itself into it's core, buzz saws flailing through the air as it tried to direct them inwards to cut out the offending hero, and cut him entirely to ribbons!