• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Goblin Reflex saves!

10, 20, 20, 24, 16, 7, 16, 8, 14, 24, 9, 20, 21, 17 those are really good rolls actually, nearly half of em made it.

So, the six who made it make Toughness saves 17, 21, 13, 14, 11, 14 only one makes his save, the brave lad.

The eight who didn't can't beat that DC and go straight down.

Thats 13 Goblins down, and the Redcap gets a 23 so his evasion will let him get away scot free.

Okay after Mr. Mess is the Goblins, only 13 of whom are now active! They are very concerned about the two people who took out twenty of them collectively, and to a lesser degree the person who one hit KO'd one of their mages, so five attacks each at Bloody Mess and Mothlight, and three at Shooting Star:

Bloody Mess:

8, 24, 26, 10, 8, that's two hits so two DC19 Toughness saves.

Mothlight:

20, 17, 23, 7, 10, that's two hits as well for DC19 which she crit succeeds and barely passes.

Shooting Star:

23, 23, 12, which all hit due to her All-Out-Attack and then bounce off her Impervious. 

Will get the IC post then it's @Spacefurry's turn!

Blackstaff is going to target the largest grouping of gobs and caps he can with a snare. It doesn’t have selective, so he’ll have to make sure heroes are in the target area (villains are okay to catch 😛 )

It’s a Snare 10 with general burst so he can go up to a 50’ radius.
Ref save DC 20

Edited by Spacefurry

Okay! The Redcaps actually teleported into cover so Blackstaff can't see em, but that area is big enough to catch a couple of em anyway. I'm going to say you can't get the ones near Shooting Star, but since you're fine targetting Mothlight and Anarchilles you can get every other Goblin. 

11 Goblins:

18, 9, 12, 19, 23, 17, 18, 7, 10, 17, 21

Wow, Area Snare doesn't do secondary saves. All but two go down.

2 Redcaps:

26, 26 damn these guys are slippery. 

The remaining Mage:

22 damn.

Anarchilles:

Mothlight:

Some fantastic rolls there, but you still got 9 goblins and Anarchilles is entangled.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, time for the Rotation of Doom. Dooooom!

Mothlight is gonna do a Targetted Area Attack on the Goblins and the heroes, hitting with a 33 for a DC20 toughness save.

Goblins got 8, 9, 10 and 15 so all four remaining normal Goblins are down.

The four Redcaps get 12, 22, 19 and another 22 so two are fine, one is Bruised and the other is Bruised and Dazed.

The Goblin Mage is fine with a 21.

Shooting Star's Impervious Toughness will tank that damage rating just fine.

Just need DC20 Toughness saves from Bloody Mess and Blackstaff. 

Anarchilles is confused and does nothing but babble incoherently, but does shake off his confusion with his will save.

Steel Shade is gonna shoot at the last Goblin Mage with the Electrothermal Cannon, All-Out-Attacking for +2/-2 hitting with a 22, which exceeds his defense by 5 for +2 damage so DC 27 for the Mage. Against which it rolled a 10 man these guys are eating it on the Toughness saves. He's straight into unconscious. 

This means that on their initiative they are both down so they do nothing.

Shooting Star is gonna ready an action to hit a Redcap when they zhwoop through. I'll roll it here, she's All-Out-Attacking so 1d20+5+5 = 24 so that's a hit and a DC30 Toughness save which predictably he fails, so Staggered, Dazed and Bruised before Knockback sends him probably all the way to the Harbour. I'll count him as out of the fight.

The Dazed one clears, while the two remaining ones are gonna attack Mothlight and Bloody Mess. 20 and 12 respectively, which will miss Bloody Mess but Mothlight needs to make a DC24 Toughness Save which she fails with a 21, netting her a Bruise and Injury. They then of course teleport away. They will then be calling for their subordinates to retreat.

The Prestige is gonna run towards the combat, moving all out to get to where Mothlight and Anarchilles are, which will be her full action.

So @Spacefurry and @Supercape one DC20 toughness save each and then Bloody Mess is up!

Initiative:

Redcaps 24 (3 active, 2 bruised, 1 down)

The Prestige 21 Bruised & Injured 1

Bloody Mess 18 2HP

Goblins 16 (Minions, 0 active, 37 downed)

Blackstaff 14 3HP

Mothlight 14 Bruised & Injured 1

Anarchilles 13 Entangled

Steel Shade 12 Bruised & Injured 2

Goblin Mages 8 (0 active, 2 down)

Shooting Star 4 2HP

Posted (edited)

Righto! No worries SF, not as delayed as I have been at several points!

To start, Steel Shade gets a 17 on his Toughness save so is Staggered, Dazed and Bruised, barely avoiding a K/O.

Also his Limited Impervious finally expends its last use, but it saves him from large Knockback, instead just going prone.

Okay, Initiative times.

Mothlight clears her Daze.

Looking at the Snare Rules, Anarchilles will need to attack the Snare to break out. The 10 and 15 higher rules jesus. Even with tradeoffs that makes it a PL15 character to break out of a rank 10 Snare. Anyway, he's gonna do a Power Attack to try break out so @Spacefurry if I could ask for a DC30 Toughness save from your Snare? If he gets out he's gonna Interpose for Mothlight and The Prestige. 

Steel Shade clears his daze.

I'm going to invoke Shooting Star's Blood Runs Thicker complication to skip her turn as she hesitates rather than pressing the advantage against her Brother's team. Since it feels weird to award myself a HP for Invoking my own complication in my own thread I will instead treat it like GM fiat and award everyone a HP

Finally, The Prestige goes! She is gonna try ensnare the heroes: DC20 Reflex vs Cone Area Snare for everyone! Shooting Star gets 1d20+8 = 27, wow she doesn't give a damn about the Snare!

She will then pull Mothlight in Steel Shade's direction, although without any movement powers she can't exactly get far.

So DC30 Toughness save for the Snare and a DC20 Reflex Save each from Blackstaff and Bloody Mess, then @Supercape is up again!

Initiative:

Redcaps 24 (3 active, 2 bruised, 1 down)

The Prestige 21 Bruised 2 & Injured 1, Sickened

Bloody Mess 18 3HP

Goblins 16 (Minions, 0 active, 37 downed)

Blackstaff 14 3HP

Mothlight 14 Bruised & Injured 1

Anarchilles 13 Entangled

Steel Shade 12 Bruised 3 & Injured 2, Staggered

Goblin Mages 8 (0 active, 2 down)

Shooting Star 4 3HP

Edited by Kaede Kimura

15 and 22 for Bloody Mess

Meaning he takes the full whack of the snare effect but with a 22 on the actual snare effect managed to avoid it. 

For Mess' turn will jump to the Prestige and...

...pause! Realising the Prestige is female and as Bloody Mess don't hit dames, he isn't going to hit her (as per complication) - at least for now!

Posted (edited)

Looks good 'cape. I had been considering going for that complication again with The Prestige lol. Take another Hero Point. (Just FYI for the IC, none of the cards she threw are still cards)

Also wow, brain not braining. I completely forgot about secondary saves :/

Shooting Star gets a 1d20+8 = 19 which makes it good that she passed her first save. @Spacefurry if I could get a secondary save. My bad. 

Edited by Kaede Kimura
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, Blackstaff is taking no prisoners this Combat.

Now, unlike the other characters here I am gonna draw back the curtain on Anarchilles' powers now that you've arrived at a situation that trigger them because he has the potential to be incredibly frustrating and new playing coy with what's going on would just make it look like cheating.

Anarchilles has both Impervious Toughness 10 and Probability Control 10 (Flaws: Limited [Only Toughness Saves]) this means that once per round he can set his roll on a Toughness save to a 10.

As such, his 24 becomes a 25 and he only takes a bruise. Which admittedly still makes it a really impressive shot.

Alrighty, with Bloody Mess's hesitation and Blackstaff going beaatmode, it's time for the inevitable counterstrike!

Firsts first, Mothlight who is really confused about what's going on with Bloody Mess. She is gonna hold her Action to move with The Prestige, then use Obscure (bugs fill the area around them)

Next, Anarchilles! His probability control is up again, and he's really tempted to lash out at Blackstaff, but given he's trying to help the others get away is gonna try stop the member of the group he thinks is fastest:

He's gonna punch Shooting Star. All-Out-Attack as is his standard which hits quite easily. DC30 Toughness for Shooting Star which 1d20+15 = 26 bruises her.

Steel Shade wants to try catch the whole group of Heroes with the Electrothermal Cannon's Siege mode, but can't since his teammates are there, so instead will shoot at Bloody Mess with the Autofire Mode. But he misses, miserably

Shooting Star just got punched, and is gonna make that Anarchilles's problem. By punching him right back. All-Out-Attack means 1d20+10 = 16 which hits for a DC30 Toughness save right back at him. Which he fails miserably which then Probability Control bumps up to a 24 (-1 due to Blackstaff's Bruise) meaning he's Bruised and Dazed. 

Finally, The Prestige (and Mothlight due to held action) is gonna reply to Bloody Mess before trying to book it again, disappearing behind a cloud of bugs. The Prestige will then take an action that the people outside the cloud can't see. 

After all that, @Supercape is up, just need to get my IC

Initiative:

The Prestige 21 Bruised 2 & Injured 1

Bloody Mess 18 4HP

Blackstaff 14 3HP

Mothlight 14 Bruised & Injured 1, Sickened

Anarchilles 13 Bruised 2, Dazed

Steel Shade 12 Bruised 3 & Injured 2, Staggered

Shooting Star 4 3HP Bruised 1