Doom Room Troop (OOC)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Robot turn yay!

Ok one goes for Vueriz, the Robot that attacks her misses due to it's blindness.

One goes for Michael, it misses too, also due to it's blindness.

Two go for Baz, one misses, the second one actually passes the Blindness check with a 4 though it's attack only gets an 8 so that's a miss.

@Kaede Kimura you are up!

Edited by Dracostern
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay! Vueriz is gonna do a Split Attack against two of the robots, splitting her shot into two Damage 4 effects, but she will also be Power Attacking and All-Out-Attacking for a total of +4 Damage DC, -2 to hit, -2 Defense.

Then taking a 10 for 16 to hit, DC23 Toughness. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gamma Buzz is going to go straight for the boss-lady!

Bounding up to her as a move action

Activating Gamma Aura (part of Gamma Arrray) as a  free action

Punch as a standard action

29! not quite a critical but pretty sure its a hit! I did use the wrong attack bonus (my fault, head was at the PL 9 version of next year) but its still a 27 which again should be a hit?

So that would (presumably) be a Toughness 23 (damage) and Fortitude 15 (Nauseate) saves. 

Yes that does indeed hit, did not expect you to get such a high roll but that's great!

Toughness save is 19, and Fort save is 18 so the second passes but the former fails

Ummm...I'm not to sure about how that works damage wise but great job!

Posted (edited)

Alright, Bazz is going to get hit..

...or he would have if my rolls weren't terrible! XD

She got an 11

For the Robots, there are 3 left and one attempts to blast you each...but due to blindness two completely miss (17 and 17 on their blindness rolls), one does get lucky (10 on blindness roll) and manages to shoot Vueriz with a 24 @Kaede Kimura make a dc 15 toughness save.

it's also your turn too Kaede!

Vueriz

Baz

Michael
Blonde - Bruised (1)

Robots (3 left)

Edited by Dracostern

Okay, 1d20+7 = 11, normally I'd just eat the bruise and move on, but I'd like to check something first:

The DC for Damage powers (from which Blast and Strike are derived) is 15+Power Rank. A DC15 Toughness save would be Damage/Strike/Blast 0 (Like an unarmed person with Strength 10 punching).

Is that accurate to your intent, or is it meant to be 5 ranks (DC20). Also while I'm on the subject of DCs is it a Heat Ray or anything similar coz Vueriz is vulnerable to the Heat/Fire Descriptor (She faces +1DC)

If either of those are the case I'll spend a Hero Point to reroll, which I'll roll now just to keep things moving. 1d20+7 = 23

Regardless of the outcome there, Vueriz is gonna repeat her previous action (Aiming for robots again since the boys seem fine against the newcomer)

On 7/8/2024 at 10:33 AM, Kaede Kimura said:

Vueriz is gonna do a Split Attack against two of the robots, splitting her shot into two Damage 4 effects, but she will also be Power Attacking and All-Out-Attacking for a total of +4 Damage DC, -2 to hit, -2 Defense.

Then taking a 10 for 16 to hit, DC23 Toughness. 

Ok you can do that, when it comes to their Blast, it’s a laser rifle so technically it is heat since lasers are concentrated heat, so that’s a good move.

That attack hits, one robot got destroyed as it got a 15 on its roll, the other got exactly 23 so it’s still standing.

also you have one less Hero Point

…which I forgot to give you all.

you each have 3 Hero Points. Kaede you now have 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright it's scary Marine's turn!

She's going to move away from you guys and take out her laser rifle, before firing at Michael... ( @Poncho )

She got a 19 to hit, if that does so then I need a toughness save (DC 23) 

Robots turn!

1 for each of you.

Michael

12 to hit, it does manage to beat it's blindeness but I doubt that hits you anyway.

Baz

Completely misses due to blindness and fires around randomly

Vueriz

The bot manages to shoot through it's blindness but only got a 13 which doesn't hit either I'm assuming 

@Kaede Kimura You are up!

Yeah that is a miss, even with the All-Out-Attack. Apparently I was a bit hasty when I said the boys were fine against the newcomer.

Vueriz is gonna All-Out-Attack +2/-2 and Accurate Attack +2/-2 for +4 to hit, -2 Defense, -2 Damage. (Totals 12 Attk, 6 Def, 6 Dmg)

To attack 1d20+12 = 28 which I truly hope hits for a DC21 Toughness save.