North Bay, Freedom City, New Jersey

Friday May 3, 2024.

2:04 PM

Lulu Beaumont's Uber pulled up in front of the Harrows' North Bay mansion. The redheaded young woman had just returned from an extended trip with Danger International as part of a humanitarian aid project in sub-Saharan Africa. She had been out of the country for about three weeks and given how busy things had been she had only a little contact with anyone back in the States.

There had been a couple text messages with Megan during that time, one of which indicated that she and Robert had something important to share with Lulu when she got back to Freedom City, but had not otherwise elaborated on what Megan meant. Of course, it was not too big a surprise to Lulu that there could be things going on with Megan, Robert or Lawernce that they would not want to openly talk about in text messages.

Crystal-Gazer

Lulu was still dressed for travel when she arrived at home, which was truly what the Harrows' house had become. Veronica's fashion sense had finally rubbed off on her, so khaki shorts and a lightweight blouse in pale blue were the order of the day. Once she was inside, she slipped off her light hiking boots, set her carry-on bags down by the door, and padded towards the kitchen in her stocking feet.

"Hey y'all, ah'm home! Customs was a nightmare, but somehow ah survived!"

She fetched herself a glass from the cupboard, poured herself a tall glass of milk, and began rummaging around in search of cookies.

Edited by Heritage

NPC/Lynn

Finding some cookies was not too difficult for Lulu. When she had first moved in to live with the Harrows, Megan had kept the cookies in an upper cabinet. But after Lawrence had outgrown both her and Lulu, there had not really been a point to that any longer.

The Southern redhead had just taken bite from a cookie when she heard someone enter the kitchen and a young female voice she did not recognize called out. "Lulu!"

Then there was a rather familiar *WOOSH* of air, and Lulu found herself being hugged tightly by a teenage girl just slightly shorter than her.

But almost as quickly as the girl had moved to hug Lulu, she released the redheaded young woman and took a few steps back. The expression on her face was a mixture of happiness (that was quickly fading), embarrassment and sadness. "I…I'm so sorry. We haven't actually met…here. But…you look just like I remember you at this age." She said in an apologetic, and slightly disappointed, tone.

Now that she was able to get a clear look at the teenage girl, Lulu saw she seemed about fifteen, maybe sixteen, and was a dead-ringer for Megan. Same blonde hair, same nose, slightly different cheeks. But then there were the eyes, she had the same bright blue eyes as Megan (and Lawrence), that seemed almost to burst with energy.

Crystal-Gazer

"Oof!" 

The sudden hug caught the telepath completely off-guard, and her brain struggled to comprehend everything that was going on. Something told her that this was what Megan and Robert wanted to talk to her about!

"Alright now, just...gimme a second to process all this."

She held out one hand, fingers spread as she attempted to figure everything out.

"Ah'm gonna take a wild shot in the dark here, and guess you're...from another dimension, like a parallel world of some kind? An' on that world, we know each other; in fact, we're real close. How mah doin' so far?"

Edited by Heritage

NPC/Lynn

The blonde teen went quiet as Lulu took a moment to work out what could be going on. She then gave a small nod when Lulu put out her theory. "That's is pretty much it exactly." She seemed somewhat relieved that Lulu was taking everything in easy strides.

"I'm Lynn, Lynn Conners" She then continued. "In….my timeline, my family took you in as a foster child when you came up to Claremont, just like happened here as I understand it." As Lynn spoke more, Lulu noted that she had a fully American accent, with a bit of hint of a Jersey accent to it. "I was only four when you joined our family, but it wasn't long before you became a big sister to me and Lawrence."

As she spoke, Lynn's expression seemed to darken some, overcoming what had been excitement and happiness. A tear ran down one of her cheeks as the blonde teen turned away slightly to wipe it. "I'm sorry….it…just felt so good to see you. I forgot that you wouldn't know me."

Crystal-Gazer

Lulu nodded as Lynn filled in the details, her brain still struggling to make sense of it all.

"Alright, okay...that all makes sense. An' don't apologize for how you feel; 'cause this whole superhero thing? Is nuts!"

She smiled and shook her head, chuckling slightly.

"Ah mean, ah don't know how any of us keep from goin' crazy! So many different worlds an' timelines to keep track of; it's enough to make her head spin!"

Then Lulu stepped forward, and gently took Lynn's hands in her own, a sympathetic smile on her face.

"An' ah betcha, once ah get to know you a bit better? That you an' ah will be thick as thieves."

She gave the younger girl's hands a quick squeeze.

NPC/Lynn

Lynn gave a small smile as Lulu commented about how crazy the whole superhero thing could be at times. When Lulu took her hands and gave them a squeeze, Lynn gave one in return, a faint, but hopeful smile coming to her face. "I certainly hope so."

She paused a moment then added. "Adjusting has been…rough." She said with a downcast expression. "It was 2030 when…I left my timeline." Lynn almost choked up a bit at the end of the sentence and had, for a moment, struggled with what to say. "So even if there are people I knew here in this timeline, they are six years younger."