New Kid in Town IC

Jack looked down into her vibrant grey/blue eyes as she looked up to him and he gave her a reassuring smile. "Vell if ever yous need someone to stop panic attack yous knows vho to call now." Jack said, letting the offer linger in the air a bit as he reached into his pocket to pull out an ancient Motorola Razr flip phone.

"I yam told it is big deal vhen American girl ask for yous phone number..." Jack said with a playful, teasing tone. He tapped a few buttons on his phone and showed her the screen with his  number on it for her to copy. "I yam free most anytime."

Edited by Jack

NPC/Lynn

Lynn again blushed slightly at Jack’s jest about asking for his phone number. "Not sure who told you that, very common to exchange numbers." She replied, but still seeming a bit awkward. After entering Jack's number, she then sent him text message.

Thn’x again, Lynn

"There." The blonde teen said with a faint smile. "I…may need a few days to ensure I am up for another outing, but I will be in touch soon." Lynn continued as she stood up. Pausing a moment, she then added. "Thank you again Jack. I hope you enjoy the rest of the day."

The blonde teen then turned and started back in the direction of the nearest exit from the park.

Jack nodded to her. "Da, of course, ist no rush. Not got much going on so whenever ist good for you." He returned her smile and stood as she did, a gentlemanly courtesy. "I hope yous day goes well Miss Lynn."

Jack was fairly confident the rest of the day would be extremely boring compared to this. He watched her walk away, more so as a natural extension of his protective instincts then anything else. He wondered what kinds of things she was dealing with, but in the end decided if she wanted to share he would listen, but that it didn't change anything else. She was fun to be around and Jack was glad to have finally made a connection in this new country.

After she disappeared from view Jack sighed, realizing he was alone again. He checked the time on his phone and figured he had about a 2 hour walk home. Most likely a microwave dinner alone at home again, or perhaps maybe he'd patrol Southside again tonight. He looked at the picture again and smiled. Lyn was an excellent artist and Jack wondered if she was in art school.

He began walking back south from Parkside, stopping at a little frame shop to buy a frame for Lynn's drawing as he didn't want to crease it and he didn't want it to get damaged. With the picture sorted he headed for 70th street to take the bridge back to Southside.