Star Meets Star (OOC)

• 1 month later...

Okay! Encounter time. Neither group has seen the heroes and neither has audio descriptors to their flight (Shooting Star's being Subtle and Michael's being glowy if I'm reading his stuff correctly?) so you get a surprise round.

I will ask for Initiative to speed things up for getting into combat after, but otherwise what is Michael gonna do?

Shooting Star's Initiative: 1d20+2 = 20

Michael gets glowy when he's at PL8 yeah, and if someone's shooting off into a crowd he'd just go for it; he know he's not exactly the sneakiest sort of guy.

But he also doesn't swing first, so if he's going to do anything it's going to be announcing his presence, but since he rolled lower than Shooting Star, I think it's appropriate for her to get an action or something before he just announces to the group to put down their weapons.

Initiative Results 1d20+2: 14 [1d20=12]

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Right, Alice is gonna try Grapple the one with the automatic rifle. 1d20+10 = 17 which only hits coz it's a surprise round.

Honestly he can't beat her Grapple bonus here, so I won't roll here. It does mean that it's Initiative time for the others!

Gangsters: 2, they are not ready for what's happening lol. 

Autorifle guy gets a 23

Shotgun lady also gets a 23

Initiative Order

Ruin 23

Rage 23

Shooting Star 3HP 20

Golden Star 1HP 12

Gangsters 2

Michael still gets his move from the surprise round, so go right ahead.

Edited by Kaede Kimura

Michael will do as asked! He'll float down to the gangsters and try to keep them from moving. I'll ready an action so that if they try to move I'll spend a HP to Super Strength feat a Super-Breath to try and knock them over if they try to split in different ways.

Okay! Sorry for the delay.

Ruin is gonna activate his armour's magic, immediately freeing himself from Shooting Star's Grip as he turns incorporeal. He is then going to back away and shoot her with his gun.

He hitsvery handily. He racks up all the way to +4 damage (Which is his max, or it would have gone to +5). And his gun does have Penetrating, which means he beats her Impervious.

DC27 Toughness 1d20+15 = 16 Jesus Christ. I'm going to HP Reroll that... 1d20+15+10 = 27 a 2! She rerolled a Nat1 to a 2!

Well, regardless she shrugs off Ruin's bullets.

Rage then acts and also shoots her, and rolls the only thing that she could to miss. A natural one. What is happening?

Anyway, Shooting Star can't actually hit Ruin so she's gonna try smack Rage. 1d20+10 = 12. What.

Anyway, uh. Michael's up. I'm just gonna go sit in a corner after I post the IC...

That's good enough that I reckon it'll work, they don't have weapons that would let 'em overcome your Impervious anyway.

Moving back to my shame, Rage and Ruin'll both open up on Shooting Star,

Rage barely hits, and Ruin hits much more squarely, once again getting full Autofire. This nets Shooting Star a DC25 and DC27 Toughness save.

1d20+15 = 28 and 1d20+15 = 31 she is tanking these. Her own counterstrike (All-Out-Attack as per her standard) against Rage goes 1d20+10 = 11.

Poorly.

wow, uh Michael is up, I'll get the IC soon...

Okay, sorry about the delay. Ruin is gonna pass into the van, and seeing that he has the axe, try talking at Michael.

Rage is gonna use a smoke grenade for Visual Concealment, and then move within the cloud.

Shooting Star's gonna try hitting Rage again, 1d20+10 = 29, then miss chance (1 misses, 2 hits) 1d2 = 2

She finally hits! DC30 Toughness for Rage which she fails by one. So she's Bruised.

I'll get the post out today, then it's yours. 

I think I'll just skip rolling for the fight until the interaction in the van is over since talking is faster than fighting and right now neither side is likely to make headway.

I will say the thing that popped into my head recently is the gag in comics and shows where two characters are just talking or something while the Ultimate Showdown of Destiny happens in the background. I'll get a post in the IC soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay! Lets start this from the top of Initiative again. Ruin, having run to the limit of diplomacy is gonna try shooting Michael. 

And immediately rolls a nat 20...

That's a 30 to hit, which I believe hits by enough for his max Autofire value of +4, +5 for critting, makes it... DC32 Toughness save for Michael. Jesus.

Moving on from that as fast as possible, Rage is gonna shoot Shooting Star which hits with a 24, DC25 Toughness for her which 1d20+15 = 22 bruises her.

Then Shooting Star is gonna try clock Rage 1d20+10 = 17, just misses. I'll get the IC out soon, then Michael is up. 

Initiative Order

Ruin 23

Rage 23 Bruised 1

Shooting Star 3HP 20

Golden Star 1HP 12

Gangsters 2

Okay, Michael's out here being absolutely badass. I'm gonna give you a Hero Point for that.

On to initiative then, Ruin's gonna shoot you again. I believe a 21 would hit by 4? DC23 Toughness, +1 / 2 he beat your defense by.

With that however he has expended the last charge of his Assault Rifle, so it is back to being a regular gun, losing damage, Penetrating, and Affects Corporeal.

Rage is gonna try one more time to take out Shooting Star, she hits with also a 21, DC25 Damage.

1d20+15-1 = 22, she nets another bruise. Also I believe the Smoke Grenade would have faded by now.

Shooting Star does not believe her erstwhile companion when he says he is fine. So she is gonna head for the Van, trying to punch Rage on her way out.

1d20+10 = 28 is a resounding hit, DC30 save she Fails, with a 25 so she is Bruised and Dazed.

Will get a post out then you're up. 

Initiative Order

Ruin 23

Rage 23 Bruised 2, Dazed

Shooting Star 3HP 20 Bruised 2

Golden Star 2HP 12 Bruised 1

with a Stagger and a Daze, I am technically not Bruised! It skips that, which is weird. But if I take a second staggered I will go to KO!

A 21 is an absolute hit though, and you are correct that it hits by 4, so he's up to DC 25 there!

Toughness Results 1d20+9: 24 [1d20=15]

So I take only a bruise, so it turns out you were right prophetically, as I am now at 1 Bruise and 1 Stagger :D

Then I'll spend my HP I got to get an Alternate power on my Immunity (Life Support)

Regeneration 9 (Bruised No Action, Staggered No Action) [9/9]

but that won't activate until my next turn, so I'll just use my 1 action to stand up from prone; so on my next turn I'll heal back to 'full' :)

Cool! Ruin is no longer able to hurt Corporeal people and is unwilling to cease being Incorporeal in front of two Paragons so is going to try running away, while Rage is gonna clear her Daze.

Shooting Star can't stop Ruin, so is gonna hit Rage as hard as she can.

Charge, Power Attack +2/-2, All-Out-Attack +5/-5, for a total +2 damage, +5 to hit, -7 defense.

1d20+10 = 21 is a hit, DC32 Toughness for Rage, which a 25 fails by 7. So she's Bruised and Dazed again.

Not her day.

Michael is up again, and of course clears his injuries. 

can I hit Ruin with the Axe Non-Lethally? Or at the very least can I attempt to do so even if it will fail, with the understanding it would be what Michael would think about doing given Ruin's previous response to the Axe, so even if that turns out to not work, he'd still try it just based on the information he thinks he's picked up

He finally swings ze axe! That hits handily, especially with the Axe's help. Damage 6 (Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Accurate, ???, Mighty, ???; Extras: ???, ???) Who knows what else the magic axe might do! (It's me, I know)

With Michael's +9 Strength makes DC30! Which he fails miserably with a 16 so is Dazed and Staggered. 

He also suffers Knockback 11 so if you're wanting you could throw him 2500 feet!

Moving onwards, Shooting Star is gonna punch Rage again, 1d20+10 = 22, needing a DC30 save too. A 23 means she's just even more Bruised and Dazed.

And then is the axe wielding teenager next!