1. Where is your hero from?

San Fransisco

2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would?

Pretty average. I am – I think – transgender, and open about it, but most people would think I’m a girl. Maybe a tomboy. And sometimes, I have bad skin.

3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

I run my hands through my hair when I’m thinking.

4. What is your hero's motivation?

First, do no harm – which is important when you are in a symbiotic relationship with a mutated fungus. So that mean’s controlling it. What else? Some day I need to work out what to do with the family estate, and the memories of mother. And then I have a duty to use my powers for something positive. So I guess work out what that positive is going to be.

5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?

Open mindedness is my greatest strength. There is a grain of truth in everything, and I always change my mind. My greatest weakness is speaking my mind, even if that offends someone.

6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?

Interesting people are the best people. Fanatics, Idealogues, Cultists are the worst – people who know they are right and wont rest until everyone else conforms.

7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?

Healthy. I practice meditation, mindfulness, relaxation and self awareness, and go to therapy. But… I can get anxious about how healthy I am.

8. What does your hero fear the most?

Burning alive. Or maybe accidentally setting a fire that burns someone else alive.

9. What is your character's greatest ambition?

Save the world. Create a new strain of blue cheese.

10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?

It depends where you are in the world, it’s a big place and its hell in North Korea, Swell in the states. I am concerned about the rise of populism and ideologies.

11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?

No – I make great efforts to avoid any prejudices. We are all victim to some unconscious bias, by prejudice has to be something conscious.

12. Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?

People. Democracy. Freedom. 

13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?

Not yet. But one day…

14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?

I have an Aunt, who manages the estate. I love her, and I think she loves me.

15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?

Introverted but not shy. Uncertain but still decisive.

16. Is your hero a role model?

I try very hard to have no role models as everyone is a mixed bag. But Jesus was cool.

17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a relgious tradition?

I’m an atheist, or maybe an agnostic, interested in some spiritual practices. I wouldn’t close my mind to religion. Like, why was Jesus a role model? Because I think he was a cool dude without believing he was the son of God.

18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?

Not yet, but Claremont is a soup of possibilities.

19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

My concern is power differentials. The strong can easily dominate the weak. How do we prevent it?

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

Take half the advice you are given.