Boys’ Move-In (First Floor) [OPEN]

Thevshi

On 9/12/2024 at 3:38 PM, FlyingFresh said:

Gookgak

"Yes, yes! Let's make music now!" Gookgak begins to bang on the soda cooler like it was a pair of bongos. He throws his head back and makes a full-throated howl.

"Awoooo! Gik, gik a-meereeree! Pazam, pazam, aroooooooogah!" Opening his eyes, he trails off.

"Hmm. Maybe you not know that Gobbelyn song? Ooh! I know! Owen, you like sweet soda pop? Gookgak just learned song about other sweet things. Maybe you like it?"

The little gobbelyn clears his throat and begins to sing to the super-powered midwesterner:

"I'll take you to the candy shop.

I'll let you lick the lollipop.

Go 'head Owen, don't you stop."

Prime Mover

Owen had never been so close to dropping his typical Midwest Nice attitude as he had been at that exact moment. All he could do was stand there as his face turned bright red. He didn't speak for about thirty seconds, the longest of his young life, as he formulated a way to state his request while still being neighborly to his new goblin friend. It was difficult, but as his father told him many times, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all", words which he took to heart. 

"Gookgak."

"..."

"I really don't think you get what that's song's about, and frankly I'm not gonna explain it to ya. You'll just have ta figure that one out on yer own. An' I'm sorry ta ask but could you never sing it with my name, please? Ever again?" 

Edited by Lone_Star

Ryan heard the last of the conversation as he stepped back into the hallway. In one hand, he carried his hollow body guitar, in the other, he carried a stool. He chuckled. "Well you guys wanted me to play, so..."

He sat the stool down, sat down, put his guitar against the wall, cracked his knuckles, and began to play.

His fingers danced along the strings and frets. He avoided the usual driving metal and rock tunes he personally preferred in favor of something lighter, more dynamic, and in some ways, more complex. It was not hte most complex piece he had learned, but it was well played.

He hadn't been practicing his guitar as much as he would like, but he could still play well. 

"Oh I can draw him a picture... But this ain't the place or time..." Diego chuckled as he strolled inside the dorm room, in jeans, sneakers, leather jacket and black t-shirt, oversize headphones around his neck, hands in his pockets, as the duffel bag with his things was gently floating in the air just a few feet behind him.

"That and... wait... are you a freakin' goblin?" The young man grinned, now gaming was not encouraged at the compound, but it was not like there were many blocks that he could not bypass through his power (and using a multi-million dollar government super-computer to play Baldur's Gate was just too satisfying), so he was kinda familiar with the concept of goblins, at least video-game ones, but he certainly was not expecting to see one in real life. 

"Cool..." Nodded at Ryan playing guitar. "You are gonna have to let me try it..." Admittedly he had no intention to actually learn, but as far as his limited experience suggested him, girls dig guys who play guitar.

"Diego here... or... ehem... Animist if we're using the fake hero names..." He introduced himself as he scanned the room.

"Soo... what are you guys in for?" He teased.

Edited by Nerdzul

Serendipity

Riel had concluded his laughter as Ryan walked back in with his guitar. He listened thoughtfully to the piece performed, and grinned enthusiastically when it was finished. "You, Guitariste Ryan, are very good. I'd invite you to join my crew, but I think you have other plans, yes?" The question was rhetorical, as he turned away. "Diego, is it?" One more exaggerated bow. "Captain Riel Estime of the Luckstorm Pirates. Pleasure to meet you. This isn't a prison. Perhaps you have come to the wrong place?" He was teasing, of course. 

On 9/15/2024 at 1:46 PM, Thunder King said:

Ryan heard the last of the conversation as he stepped back into the hallway. In one hand, he carried his hollow body guitar, in the other, he carried a stool. He chuckled. "Well you guys wanted me to play, so..."

He sat the stool down, sat down, put his guitar against the wall, cracked his knuckles, and began to play.

His fingers danced along the strings and frets. He avoided the usual driving metal and rock tunes he personally preferred in favor of something lighter, more dynamic, and in some ways, more complex. It was not hte most complex piece he had learned, but it was well played.

He hadn't been practicing his guitar as much as he would like, but he could still play well. 

Prime Mover

Owen closed his eyes and listened to Ryan's playing. It was melodic and beautiful, and Owen latched onto the music as a moment of normalcy in what was quickly becoming an overwhelming and stressful day. It reminded him of his dad breaking out an old, out-of-tune guitar at the end of a long working day and strumming along to the music he grew up with. 

As Ryan finished, Owen opened his eyes and smiled. "Wow, that was great. How long have you been playing?"

On 9/15/2024 at 2:22 PM, Nerdzul said:

"Cool..." Nodded at Ryan playing guitar. "You are gonna have to let me try it..." Admittedly he had no intention to actually learn, but as far as his limited experience suggested him, girls dig guys who play guitar.

"Diego here... or... ehem... Animist if we're using the fake hero names..." He introduced himself as he scanned the room.

"Soo... what are you guys in for?" He teased.

"Nice to meetcha, Diego, or Animist if ya prefer. I'm Owen, also known as Power Mover." He chuckled a little at Diego's joke, and shook his head. "If this is a prison, I certainly hope there's better food. I could use a bite to eat after I get my stuff unpacked." As if on cue, Owen's stomach started to rumble loudly. "But hopefully we can all learn to use our powers a bit better an' all. I could use the practice, considering they started workin' about tree-four months ago." 

Owen dismissed the unfortunate memories that his powers brought, and once again reminded himself that he was here at Claremont to make sure nothing like that ever happened again. 

Cerebellum

It seems that this place had decended into musical insanity. Not that Daniel was against it! Unlike his sister, whom would have immediately retreated from something like this, the male Evans twin was all for it! He was laughing along and clapping his hands along with everyone for the moment before calming down and smiling at the rest of the guys there. This was going to be a very entertaining year that's for sure. Still the young man would calm down and clap his hands to get everyone's attention.

"Alright, I just wanted to confirm that everyone knows which rooms they are staying in!"

On 9/16/2024 at 4:50 PM, EternalPhoenix said:

"Captain Riel Estime of the Luckstorm Pirates. Pleasure to meet you.Pleasure to meet you. This isn't a prison. Perhaps you have come to the wrong place?"

"Aye! Aye! Captain..." Diego smirked as he bowed his head and pretended to tip a non existent hat. "Nice to meet you as well good sir." He chuckled. "Did I? I mean... pirates and goblins... feelin' like a proper dungeon for me." 

He saluted Owen as well with a smile. "Hey man... Owen... alright... nice to meet ya as well...." 

On 9/17/2024 at 5:45 PM, Lone_Star said:

"If this is a prison, I certainly hope there's better food. I could use a bite to eat after I get my stuff unpacked."

"Won't mind gettin' somethin' to eat... Not cafeteria food though. I mean, don't you people wanna go explore? Maybe find some rum?" He smirked at the Captain.

"I'll be done unpacking in like... a second or so... how about you guys?"

"Rooms... right... I got... like 208 or somethin'..." He turned to Daniel. "And you are?"