Slipstream

"Sure, no problem Mattie." Lynn said with something of a half-smile and a small shrug at what had been (at least for her) a rather minor amount of effort given her powers. The blonde girl had then just gone back to listening and observing the others, when Renee came over and quietly asked how Lynn knew her way around.

The sixteen-year-old turned slightly to Renee before responding in a somewhat lower volume. "Oh, I had a tour of campus back toward the start of Summer. Then accompanied Mattie when she got a tour a couple weeks ago. I do believe there are maps in the welcome packets in the rooms, I only took a quick glance at then when I was dropping off the bags."

BOUNCE!

"We only had this old Nintendo 64 back home. There was always too much to do at the farm to get a lot of time to play, but we sure did play a lot of Mario Kart whenever us kids got together," Mattie adds to the conversation about video games. She's never really been big into them, but hey, she's happy that it's something that everybody here seems to enjoy.

It's not really her thing though, so she decides to move over to Lynn and Renee instead.

"Lynn really helped me find out where everythin' is when we went to visit. I wouldn't have been able to figure the library from the cafeteria if she hadn't been around!" She continues to be all smiles as she speaks. "You lookin' for anywhere in particular, Renee?"

Spore

Harper scratched the back of her neck. This place was going to get some getting used to, after the freedom and fields of the Hale Vineyard in San Fransisco. A pang of homesickness hit her. 

But there was no growth without change, and she needed to get to grips with being a fungus-human. So-make the most of it. 

"This place is overwhelming..." she said, voice quiet but slicing through the air all the same. "I don't know about you all, but its bashing my brain in..."

She looked around the faces of the other girls. 

"Exciting, too," she added with a smile. "But I feel like I have been launched out of a freaking catapault. I never met such a bunch of crazy, strange and awesome people in my life!"

She took a deep breath in. "I'm just going to start by promising to have your backs this year, right? We can do this, together. We can make this a year of awesome!"

It was her first speech. It wasn't going to be good. But she was damn sure she had to start somewhere!

GOSSAMER II

A willowy young woman with bright blue eyes came up the stairs into the third floor hallway; she wore dark brown boots with a low heel, grey tweed slacks, a white puff sleeve blouse with a high lace collar, and brown leather gloves. She had fine features and a somewhat regal bearing.

Of course, the most striking thing about her was her hair; it shone like gold, and was tied into a thick French braid that was so long, it literally touched the top of her boots!

"Pardon me, but who's in room 310? Apparently, we're to be roommates."

Her accent was unusual and hard to place; it had elements of Received Pronunciation, New England upper crust and just a hint of French. The one thing it definitely sounded like was 'money.'

Edited by Heritage

(King Cole III)

More focus on her. Maybe she shouldn't have said anything. Renee folded in a bit, her feet pigeon-toeing and her shoulders hunching a bit, but she took a few deep breaths before speaking to Lynn and Mattie.

"I...I was curious about the auditorium, the theater. You know, for plays and stuff? I like plays. I write some. I was hoping to join a theater club or something like that. If the school has one. I mean I wouldn't be a good actor. But I could maybehelpwithsetsorsomething." she rushed out the last few words over herself and they came out like they had all been stuck in a door at the same time.

"I've played Nintendo 64 games on my Laptop. I uh...I run emulators on them. A lot of them are fun. I like Star Fox and Mario Kart. I have a playstation too, though..." 

Then she turned to the other girl- Harper-.

"It is a lot. Um. Yeah. It's really overbearing. But you're right. I think. Yeah. That. Yeah. It'll be good." she strained out, offering a thin smile that was her trying her best.

And then the new one showed up. 

That's my roommate!? She looks like a princess! And sounds like one!  Why is everything going wrong!?

"...I...I'm also in Room 310. I'm..Renee. Renee King." she offered a little wave.

La Puma Negra

With the hyperactive new student finding something new to grab her attention, Carmen could breathe a sigh of relief as she relaxed herself until another student began to speak to her, this time with an answer in Spanish. It would not be in fact a relief, seeing someone she could natively talk to but a negative for her, now knowing there was someone actively that could know potentially what she was saying and the cursing that typically followed it. It would have to be done more discretely being now an elder student with far more responsibilities. 

Carmen was about to look at the clipboard for room assignments for this new student when another student chimed in to help out, relieving her of duties that she had only accepted due to being told to do it and not out of volunteering spirit to do so. The young heroine had thought of Michael and if her was facing a similar dilemma as the two of them had wanted to meet after this in the afternoon to hang out together as they did. It was common enough at that they were seeing each other, and her thoughts went mostly to him as she checked her phone for teacher emails for classes coming up the next day.

Slipstream

"I believe the school does have something of a theater program, as an elective and extra-curricular activity." Lynn replied. "Though, it can often depend on interest and participation on how active it is. But if needed, I think the school can help you get involved with similar programs off-campus."

The blonde teen then turned toward Harper as she spoke up about supporting each other through the year. Sometimes it was easy for Lynn to forget that not everyone grew up around the superpowered community. Of course, thinking about that had the sixteen-year-old think about the other kids she had gone to Nicholson with, particularly Madison and Mary, who in this timeline were only ten years old and still at Nicholson. Feeling a growing sense of sadness start to well up, Lynn bit her lower lip briefly as she tried to calm herself and keep an otherwise neutral expression.

"I grew up around this sort of thing, so not quite the culture shock. But I am always happy to help anyone as best I can." She replied to Harper's little speech, managing a half smile.

It was then that another new student approached the group, asking about her roommate, which turned out to be Renee. Lynn stood back slightly to allow the two roommates to discuss, not wanting to crowd into the conversation, as Renee seemed a little unsure about having too many people around at once.

BOUNCE!

"Heck yeah, it's gonna be awesome!" Mattie exclaims, pumping her fist in the air at Harper's declaration. "Of course we'll all support each other and we'll be awesome friends! Right? Right?" 

She might be putting it on a bit thick, but Mattie is honestly just so excited about all this. 

At least she catches herself before responding to Renee about the theater club, when Renee's roommate arrives and... wow, she looks like a princess.

Having enough social graces to at least see it would be better to let those two talk, she steps over to Harper and Lynn instead, continuing the conversation about them being used to this kind of place or not. "We had a bunch of people gettin' powers from weird space rocks back in Rumblefall all the time, but it wasn't really anythin' like this, y'know? More like Mr. Harrison would find a rock and get some kinda power, then he'd go and get drunk and get into trouble and I'd have to go and get him to calm down, before we'd find out how he could put his new flame breath to good use. Or some bully like Tanner Mitchell's would find a rock and try to rob a store, and then I'd have to find him and get everythin' back he stole."