Cerebral and Cerebellum

"Wait? Talk to him? What?" Iris looked at Betsy in confusion before everything seemed to happen all at once. From Pitch walking up to the demon and poking it awake with her shotgun. Then Featherweight just telling them what they were doing here instead of trying to trick him. 

Both twins actually stopped floating and fell to the ground in surprise, trying to realtionalise what the hell was going on right now. The new hero, Featherweight, would notice that these two seemed completely out of their depth here also. 

The Immutable Betsy Brooks

"Oh for Goddess sake!" she'd had volunteered, not out of bravado but because she was immune to just about anything but literal hellfire. She shrugged, time, as usual, to improvise

So apparently it was the day for everyone to improvise, still, another voice wouldn't cause any harm to confuse the big lummox of a demon.

"Hi, Elizabeth Brooks of the Essex Brooks. You might have had some dealings with my Great-grandfather, who got himself involved with some culty with a literal Hellfire Club?" her vampire side was for a later conversation

"Consider this would we be so confident, especially without any magical swords or holy water, unless we had an ace up our sleeves? Best really to let us pass and avoid any messy trouble, for you obviously!"

GM

The blubbery demon seemed impressed with Pitch's cigar and attitude, but overall just rather confused. Especially about the barrel of rocksalt. "Like, a big barrel or a little one? That's gotta be expensive..." He mimed with his hands as he spoke, revealing that he was clearly thinking of a wooden barrel rather than a gun barrel. At the question about the room, he seemed quite proud, "This is the entry chamber to the Profanum Profanorum, the most powerful defensive structure known to all of magic! It used to be full of traps but the new Mistress removed them recently. Said 'If there's no traps in the entry room it'll be more of a surprise when there's one in the second!' She's clever like that." He looks down at his toe, bound just slightly too tight to be comfortable for a normal person as Pitch asks. "That was my idea! I can sleep while guarding as long as I have it attached to the door, that way when sneaky heroes try open it it wakes me up. Clever, right?"

Featherweight looks askance at the twins, seeming to seek commiseration as to how strange the situation is. "Uh, yeah. Clever. Is there a gas leak in here?"

"No, the gas trap was removed too."

She looked like she wanted to reply when Betsy Brooks spoke up, referring to her family history in the Occult. He scratched his chin as he stared at her, clearly trying to puzzle out some grand mystery. "I think I might know that name..." The demon ponders for a moment longer before shrugging. He looks a bit askance at her statement about having an ace up their sleeves, before replying "Or maybe you're just really overconfident. Besides, the new Mistress gave me this job personally! I'm not gonna let you pass that easily!"

Pitch

"Huh! No traps in here, right?! Just what somebody would say if there were traps in here and they wanted to fool everyone into relaxing there guard! I don't believe you for a moment!"

Pitch let out a snorting laugh, but pulled the shotgun away. It looked cool, but wasn't doing anything. 

"And who is this new Mistress of yours?" she asked. "Because her ass is going to be kissing my boot very shortly..."

She looked over to her mob of demon-busters. 

"New Mistress? What do you think?"

She raised an eyebrow, blazed her eyes. "I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of a demons mouth, as a rule. Unless the truth is helping them somehow."