Student Assessment Group C (IC)

Poncho

Sub-Basement of Claremont Academy

Bayview, Freedom City, New Jersey

Friday September 13, 2024. 10:00 AM

(Counting as GM Post)

A spooky day! In theory. Friday the 13th, the day of horror and spooks. Especially one getting so close to Halloween. It was that day when the student listing of Renee Cole King, Vanya "Jack" Davydov, Harper Hale, Daphen Celeste, and Sarah Francine Thatcher were requested in a room with a very exciting name. It was noted to show up in either their uniforms or costumes and expect strenuous activity.

In the case of the last group of the week, it was likely they'd already heard rumors either from other classmates or their Sophomore classmates about what to expect; that they'd get a chance in the 'fabled' Doom Room, to test their mettle and powers against some of the creatures cooked up in the complex and effective simulator. Some of the tales their upperclassmen and fellow sophomores had said about what they would encounter had been clearly exaggerated, likely in good humor for the newer students; a particular Upperclassman had regaled several students with a tale that she'd had to fight The Centurion. She'd later been sternly lectured by another Upperclassman about scaring the new students. So they probably weren't going to fight The Centurion. But others had suggested encounters that seemed more than possible; The Maestro, Dinosaurs, Orion the Hunter, just to name a few.

While the stories varied in the specifics, the overarching details did indicate there was probably going to be some sort of fighting or other conflict for the students to navigate to get a hold of their powers and learn how to work as a team, and for the faculty themselves to be aware of those same factors, because nothing beat a first hand test. In that way, you could in fact take it as the first test of the new school year.

The large room was mostly white and grey, covered in hexagons, and gave no indication as to what the group would be facing as they entered, heading down the stairs from the student entrance to the building. They couldn't even tell who was going to be administering the test, as the black windows in one side of the room were one way, letting the instructor see but not the students.

All they had been told was to get into costume and get into the room, and the test would begin soon.

Spore

Spore smoothed down her costume, feeling the texture of the morphic molecules under her skin. Everything was happening so fast. Fast enough to send her heart fluttering. Sweat started to form on her brow, on her skin, leaking through the perfectly designed costume. 

"Just be careful touching me," she said to the others. "I sweat... well. I am part mushroom. So if you want to see fluffy invisible pink rabbits dancing in the air, then my sweat will give you quite a trip..."

She gazed around the room. 

"Does anyone have any clue what they do to us here? Apart from teach us? I mean, I hope they teach us..."

"Which reminds me!" she said with a smile with just a hint of fox cunning. "Does anyone want some fungus parasite for the next hour?"

Her skin started to produce purple bubbling patches. 

"It's good for your health. You won't need oxygen, or, well, you wont need much at all really. Its symbiotic, and will die down soon enough."

Seraphim

Was nervous to say the least. She rubbed sweaty palms on the legs of her school issued uniform. She had never actually had her own costume, aside from doing her best to cover her face whenever she had tried to practice on her own.

She glanced around at the others gathered for evaluation. They were quite the varied bunch and she had to admit curiosity had her wondering about them.

A taller, slender brunette wearing shades warned them about close contact and Sarah gave an appreciative smile.

“Thanks for the warning.”

She shook her head.

“The schedule just listed ‘Student Assessment’.”

Sarah gave a small shrug.

20 hours ago, Supercape said:

Spore

"Which reminds me!" she said with a smile with just a hint of fox cunning. "Does anyone want some fungus parasite for the next hour?"

Her skin started to produce purple bubbling patches.

“Ah…, thanks, but I think I’m okay.” 

Sarah tried her best not to look horrified as she failed to nonchalantly step away. She realized what she was doing and stopped herself.

“Sorry, I’m still getting used to strange things. I mean, I’m not saying you are strange, just that… I mean, that…”

Sarah’s hands waved around unhelpfully as she stammered for a moment before seeming to give up. Her shoulders slumping in defeat.

“One of these days I’ll manage to stop stuffing both feet in my mouth.”

Mz Grue

Daphne entered dressed in a silvery white jumpsuit, from her own species it perfectly fitted her form, whatever shape she took. Being a test of them as heroes, whoever they face from a bewildering series of rumours, she was in her "natural" red-skinned Grue form, her distinctive (for a Grue) black hair tied back into a messy ponytail.

Stepping into the Danger Room she gave a moment for the others to get used to her form, she'd never made a secret of her alien heritage but didn't often assume the visage in day-to-day school life.

"Morning All!" she gave her classmates a little friendly wave "Are we ready to do this?"

(King Cole III)

Renee had not been happy about the idea of 'combat trials'. Very clearly, in fact. She's been panicking for most of the week, if quietly, dreading the idea of having to engage in some sort of violence. 

The girl wasn't neccesarily building a reputation for herself, and she was spending a lot of time hiding away from others, but when she was around, she was distinctive in how much she didn't want to be distinctive; hiding in baggy clothes and large books or under trees, She'd kept to herself and tried not to make a scene. She'd still shown not a single blip of a power or anything during classes or in public, so who was to say what she was bringing to this combat exercise.

But it wasn't really Renee who showed up only barely before the session started. It was a costumed Queen wearing purple and black clothes like a King's outfit, with a doublet and jerkin, carrying a royal scepter, her blonde hair falling in wavy locks under a crown sparkling with jewels, her purple eyes sparkling mischeviously. 

"Finally!" She spoke like a stage actor; using her diaphram to make even the regular tone of her voice loud and carry, almost obnoxiously. She accentued her explosively loud voice by throwing power from a pouch on her belt into the air, where it sparkled like glitter before disappearing. "The King gets to show off! I can't believe they picked me last! This was a miserable wait!" She cackled. 

"Hail and well met, my fellow examinees. We shall certainly clear this, yes?" she said before moving between the others excitedly. "Oooh, excellent mushrooms Harper. I must certainly agree to take them!" she held out her hand expectantly. "Especially if they'll take me through the Looking Glass! Come on, everyone, it'll be a lot of fun to come at this from a new angle, won't it? Especially since we've never worked together anyway!"

Spore

Harper could not contain her glee at infected King Cole. She twiddle her fingers as unneeded preparation, then placed all fingers and both thumbs on King Cole III head. 

Making sure to wipe the tips of her fingers first. It would not do to have the regal woman hallucinating. Although it sounded Like King Cole was already half mad and might even benefit from some hallucinogen. 

With a little tingle, the purple fungus took root in King Cole. 

"There we go. Effects may vary..." she said. "But it's a very healthy fungus. You wont get ill, or hungry. Just a bit of photosynthesis, baby. You wont even need to breathe. Oxygen now supplied direct to your blood stream!" 

She gave a smile. 

"Just in case they pump the room full of gas, or water, or something..."